Used Once, Lasts Forever
Used Once, Lasts Forever:
Art Contest Guidelines:
- All artwork must include recycled or found single-use plastic.
- All artwork must be plastic-centric, with the common theme of raising awareness to reduce single-use plastics.
- Suggested media (but not limited to): sculpture, fashion, video, narrative, photography, printmaking, performance
- No floor-to-ceiling pieces
- 12-foot x 12-foot x 12-foot maximum size
- The Art Show is open to the public, but only students enrolled at Eckerd College are eligible to win monetary prizes.
- Submissions are encouraged from: Eckerd College students, faculty, staff, alumni and members of the Tampa Bay community. Solo and group submission will be accepted.
- All artists must fill out the pre-submission statement of interest form (below) by October 15, describing the anticipated artwork and how it should be displayed.
- Performance and video submissions are limited to 10 minutes or less.
- Artists or their representatives must be present at the show on November 13.
Deadlines & Dates:
- Pre-Submission Form available: October 1, 2019
- Pre-Submission Form: Found below
- Submission entry deadline: November 1, 2019
- Art Show: November 13, 2019
The competition will be held on November 13, 2019 at the Eckerd College James Center for Molecular and Life Sciences (4200 54th Avenue South, St. Petersburg FL, 33711). The Art Show is a one-evening exhibition of art created from recycled or found single-use plastic waste. Students will be eligible for monetary prizes. This community-wide event aims to increase awareness of the environmental impacts of abundant and unnecessary single-use plastic consumption while offering a creative way to repurpose discarded items. The show will be part of the College Program Series, and submissions will be judged by a panel of artists invited from the St. Petersburg community.
Contact us at email@example.com for more details or questions!